Hello and thank you for Sarah’s site.
I was diagnosed as autistic at 24 and then ADHD a year later! A lot of people were confused by this piece of news but I quickly learnt this was because most people had heard of autism and ADHD, but have little understanding of what this means. I am using my site as a place where I share my experiences of being autistic, an ADHDer and my experiences in education. Since then, I have started to work supporting neurodivergent individuals, spoken in the media about neurodiversity, consulted on research projects and academic writing about autism. I also have a master’s on Psychology, a member of the British Psychological Society and I’m currently undertaking a PGCert in autism. Please see below for a full list of my credentials and professional experiences.
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- MSc Psychology of Education – University of Bristol
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society MBPsS
- Current PGCert Autism student at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Autism Advisor and Lead Project Worker at the National Autistic Society.
- Autistic Peer Support Group Facilitator at Hearts and Minds.
- Specialist Mentor for neurodivergent university students.
- Publicly speaking about autism and neurodiversity.
- Lived experience adviser for autism research projects at the University of Bristol, Kent and Southampton.
- Previously taught English as a Second Language and worked as a TA in an additional and learning needs school.
If you are interested with working with, me please click here